Martini Time

Martini Time

December 7, 2013

Elf on the Shelf... FAIL!

This is our second year participating in the Elf on the Shelf madness. Until yesterday, we never did anything fancy or funny or crazy - it was hard enough to remember to move the thing, let alone be cute!
 
Last night, Hubs suggested that Pretty Princess (yes, that's the name of our Elf) write the kids a note on their new chalkboard. So we came up with a nice message, I drew hearts instead of dots and it was ready to go: 
 
Then we set the Elf on the bakers rack right next to the bucket of chalk. I had the fun idea to put some chalk residue on her white gloves and leave the chalk in her arms. I thought it was a swell idea! Hubs, not so much. He said it implied a certain.. well, see for yourself:
 
 
I told him he was weird and I disagreed. And since it was the first time we did anything more than move her to a new spot, I took a picture and shared it on my personal Facebook page. Evidently, Hubs was not alone in his perversion of the Elf. Even my Nana saw "it" (much to my dismay):
 
 
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
 
Now if that is not the most epic, unintentional Elf fail in the history of EVER, I don't know what is. Even my Dead Fairies were brought up in FAILness comparison!
 
I think I'll stick to moving the Elf from now on.

Merry Christmas, Martini lovers..

10 comments:

  1. I saw the picture on Instagram and thought THE SAME THING. I'm so glad everyone else is a perv like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. That is clearly a …well, you know. "A" for effort, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Love it! Yup, I must be a perv too because I saw it right away.

    I'm stopping by via Funny is Family. She linked this on her FB page. Too effing funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is absolutely hilarious! and I agree with your friend who asked why you bought penis-shaped chalk to begin with! too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words. Because I'm laughing too hard to speak. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. And all the other Elves wanted to date Pretty Princess Elf after catching a pic of this! Wowza…that is gonna be one happy Elf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely hysterical!! I also saw it immediately and laughed out loud. I guess Pretty Princess has a wild side. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally saw it too, but you completely get an A for effort! I am dreading this Elf of the Shelf phenomenon, and I am hoping that by the time my little one is old enough to understand it...it will be out of fashion. You did great and I am sure your girls had NO clue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome!! Your girls probably had no idea and all the adults got a good laugh. Although I'm not sure I would have wanted to have that conversation with my dad or grandmother!

    ReplyDelete

Autism Speaks Light It Up Blue